One of the chief concerns we have as website owners is how to drive traffic to our websites. Without knowing how to get more traffic, how else will we get more leads, make more sales and continue to make money online?
There are a number of ways to get more traffic, so I’ve collected this list of my favourite traffic-generation techniques. I’ve tried to organise them into the following categories:
- Content & Article Marketing
- SEO & Search Engine Marketing
- Video Marketing & Podcasting
- Email Marketing & Syndication
- Advertising & PPC
- Public Relations & Spreading the Word
- Social Media & Bookmarking
Email Marketing & Syndication
Whether you’re sending an email newsletter, a special offer or an invitation, email marketing deliver your message and help get your business humming!
In the third part of our 101 Way To Drive Traffic, I am sharing with you below effective ways to do email marketing, and how syndicate your blog content via email marketing. Give yourself a try !
- Link your blog with your Aweber email marketing account. Take signups for your newsletter, ebook or other promotional/informational offers. This will grow your emailing list.
- Establish an RSS feed for your site. Add it to FeedBurner.com. (Well.. what was Feedburner. Google gobbled them up.)
- Connect your RSS feed broadcasts to your Aweber email marketing service. This will deliver your blog posts in an newsletter format to your mailing list. Set the mailing list to weekly or whatever is appropriate for your posting frequency.
- Email your current and past clients regularly. Ask them about their interest in new products and services (segment your list accordingly.) Send letters of appreciation, short polls, tips, client spotlights and other relevant correspondence to stay at the front of their minds.
- In your newsletter, don’t embed complete articles. Instead, display hook paragraphs with links back to the full articles on your own site. This also allows you to gauge what topics are most important to your readers.
- Don’t stop with only offering your white paper from your newsletter signup confirmation page. Include your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ profiles and links to other websites you own that complement.
- Syndicate your blog with Technorati.
- Include your website URL in your email signature. (It’s a good place to offer some of your social media URLs as well.)
- Run a solo ad, whereby you pay someone to market your offer to their list. Research your list owners carefully here; all is not as it may seem. Personally I have used this trusted automated traffic service – Instant Targeted Traffic That Converts
- Conduct an ad swap. You have a mailing list. Another marketer has their mailing list. Your offers align with each others’ mailing lists. The other marketer sends your offer to their list and you send their offer to yours. All things being equal, you both should see your opt-in lists expand. (Get started at Safe-Swaps.com)
- Join venture with another marketer. Similar to a solo ad, you run your ad to their list, with the difference being they get a cut of the sales instead of taking a flat fee.
Make Money Online With Your Content
If you have used email marketing or just getting started off, you surely know the value of sharing your contents with your audience that add value. The best approach to getting results is by sharing your success story via email about a system that has worked for others in the past. If you are on the lookout for such a system, I’d like to recommend something to you. It is called the Big Commission Blueprint.
This system has allowed even complete newbies not just put in viable a new online business in place but also generate 4-figure paydays in some cases. Even experienced marketers have used it to expand their online presence. It is called the Big Commission Blueprint and you can find out more about it absolutely free by clicking here. The guy who created it is my friend and partner, so I have no problems recommending it to you. You’ll not regret having taken the few minutes – they might well prove to be life-changing.