One of the chief concerns we have as website owners is how to drive traffic to our websites. Without knowing how to get more traffic, how else will we get more leads, make more sales and continue to make money online?
There are a number of ways to get more traffic, so I’ve collected this list of my favourite traffic-generation techniques. I’ve tried to organise them into the following categories:
- Content & Article Marketing
- SEO & Search Engine Marketing
- Video Marketing & Podcasting
- Email Marketing & Syndication
- Advertising & PPC
- Public Relations & Spreading the Word
- Social Media & Bookmarking
SEO & Search Engine Marketing
Search marketing is the process of gaining traffic and visibility from search engines through both paid and unpaid efforts. In this second part of our 101 Way To Drive Traffic, I am sharing with you 14 different effective ways to do SEO & Search Engine Marketing. Give yourself a try !
- Use keyword-centric tags with your WordPress posts.
- In WordPress, make sure to leave trackbacks turned on. When you link to other site owners, an email will notify the blog owners of the new link and they will likely visit your site. They may even link back!
- Install the Google Sitemap XML plugin for WordPress. It automatically sends updates to Google and other search engines when you make a new post, helping your material get indexed more quickly. Don’t have a WordPress site? Use Ping-O-Matic to accomplish the same thing.
- Can’t use the Google Sitemap XML plugin for WordPress* to create your sitemap.xml or robots.txt files (used by Google and other search engines?) Use a sitemap generator likeXML-Sitemaps.com.
- Two words: Google Authorship. Set it up and get your face to appear next to your posts in the Google search results. (Read Google Authorship: How to Get Your Picture into Google Search Results.)
- Install Google Analytics on your site and actually look at it once in a while. It doesn’t even have to be Google Analytics, but you should be able to see how much traffic you’re receiving on a weekly basis and where your visitors are coming in from? How can you intelligently drive more traffic to your site if you don’t know what’s already working for you?
- Submit your website to search engines and search directories. Seems obvious, but most folks don’t know where to start. Here is a list of some of the top search sites:
- Use the linkdomain command in Google (ex. linkdomain:marketingideas101.com). While this only shows a subset of the links that lead into a domain, it can give you an idea about how your competitors are getting their rankings.
- Research popular misspellings of your company’s name and those of your competitors. Buy those domain names and forward them to your website.
- Find expired domain names in your niche that are still receiving traffic and buy them, directing them toward your site. For this, I recommend Expired Domains.
- Use a custom 404 page to help people find the information they are seeking from your website in the event it moves or otherwise becomes unavailable.
- Reciprocal linking campaigns with mid- to high-PR sites can offer a boost to your rankings and traffic. The best backlink is a one-way, dofollow link from a high PR site. Also, if you’re just getting started with your website and you have low PR, you had better have some great content, otherwise your opt-in rate with a reciprocal campaign is likely to be low.
- Join a web ring like WebRing. Advantage: Niche-related linking. Disadvantage: Uglies up your site. (Not as much of a disadvantage if you already have an ugly site. If that’s the case, jump in!)
- Pay a freelancer or company to generate obscene amounts of traffic for you. Just beware of the very real chance it could be a scam (Read How NOT to Drive Traffic Using Fiverr.)
Make Money Online With SEO & Search Engine Marketing
If you have used search engine marketing or just getting started off, you surely know the importance of exposing your content to be searchable and visible in all major search engines. The best approach to getting results is by applying the above methods with a sale funnel system that has worked for others in the past. If you are on the lookout for such a system, I’d like to recommend something to you. It is called the Big Commission Blueprint.
This system has allowed even complete newbies not just put in viable a new online business in place but also generate 4-figure paydays in some cases. Even experienced marketers have used it to expand their online presence. It is called the Big Commission Blueprint and you can find out more about it absolutely free by clicking here. The guy who created it is my friend and partner, so I have no problems recommending it to you. You’ll not regret having taken the few minutes – they might well prove to be life-changing.